Trimble acquires UK-based Amtech Group to expand global presence in mechanical, electrical and plumbing markets
California-based Trimble has acquired Amtech Group Limited, of Milton Keynes, from Primary Capital Limited and senior management. Amtech is a market leader in mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) construction industry software solutions for specification, design, estimating, procurement, construction management and operation. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Amtech provides on-premise and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, which include:
• LUCKINSlive.com: a powerful content and pricing service solution for contractors and engineers in the UK which, when integrated with Estimating and NES, creates a powerful workflow throughout the construction cycle.
• Enterprise Estimating: a UK-specific estimating software that, when combined with LUCKINS pricing data, gives contractors the ability to have up-to-date pricing information for accurate and competitive bidding.
• ProDesign: leading electrical design software that provides full electrical design and calculations to BS 7671.
• NES: a specification compiling software containing a comprehensive library of clauses that engineers can select and edit to create complete project specifications.
• ArtrA: a unique 3D asset integrity management system that enables users to share and maintain data about highly complex or bespoke assets, plant and equipment in support of BIM models and facilities management workflow and processes.
Integrated software solutions throughout the construction workflow are rapidly becoming a requirement by construction and engineering firms allowing them to streamline processes, increase visibility into costs, and ultimately complete jobs quicker, on budget and on-time.
Integrated solutions for the building industry
Trimble’s focus is on the deployment of integrated solutions for the construction and engineering community from initial engineering and bidding projects to construction and project completion.
Trimble’s Design-Build-Operate (DBO) vision extends the concept from estimating and design to project management and field solutions for installation. The result is a more efficient and accurate project, enabled through the collaboration of the project’s trade groups, and interconnected through the use of office and field tools.
Pat Bohle, general manager of Trimble’s MEP Division, said: “With the addition of Amtech, Trimble continues to reinforce its goal of providing a complete portfolio of building construction solutions while strengthening our commitment to meet the unique needs of the European MEP market. Amtech’s strength lies in its ability to offer localised content and pricing information combined with construction software while providing users with intuitive work processes for optimal efficiency and productivity in the office,” said channel in Europe to offer MEP contractor solutions.”