SAS offers three new CPDs
SAS International has introduced three new CPD presentations covering the ‘hot’ topics of Chilled Ceilings, Chilled Beams and Integrated Service Modules, and Architectural Metalwork. Designed with both engineers and architects in mind, the CPDs have been accredited by the RIBA and are recognised by CIBSE.
The CPD seminars cover the latest advances in sustainable metal solutions, looking at the following topical themes:
- New: Chilled Ceilings: Energy Efficient Cooling – Examining chilled ceilings as an energy efficient method of cooling; their demands, applications, and how they work and perform.
- New: Chilled Beams and Integrated Service Modules: Specification, Design and Performance – A look at suspended beam solutions as a design led alternative to traditional cooling; detailing the difference between active and passive beams, and how they integrate with other building services.
- New: Architectural Metalwork: Integrating Design and Performance – Examines the sustainability, aesthetic versatility and durability of design led metal products such as acoustic baffles and rafts, binnacles, bulkheads, column casings, service gantries and walkways, solar shading and daylight reflectors, wall cladding and bespoke suspended ceilings.
- Metal Ceiling Systems: Specification, Design, Integration and Performance – including key benefits and principle types of suspended ceilings; covering acoustic performance, service integration and design options.
- Clean and safe ceilings: An Anti-Bacterial Solution – examining the growth of healthcare products, including a general insight how anti-bacterial coatings work, how they are tested and perform, and how they integrate into a normal cleaning schedule.
- Full-day factory tour – The factory tour includes a full factory tour of SAS’s largest manufacturing facility and three CPD seminars during the visit.