National Training Awards 2008: The quest begins
SummitSkills is calling for nominations for the UK National Training Awards 2008, an event to reward the outstanding talent of apprentices and engineers across the building services engineering sector.
The National Training Awards is the perfect opportunity to shout about an individual’s commitment and flair, recognising their exceptional talent and boosting your organisation’s reputation.
This year will see former three-times Olympic champion Kriss Akabusi MBE take to the stage as guest speaker at the ceremony, which takes place on Wednesday 2 April 2008 at The British Library, London.
Winners can celebrate this prestigious event alongside their friends, families and employers, along with key representatives from across the building services engineering sector.
Nomination is easy – all you have to do is visit www.summitskills.org.uk/awards, print off the nomination form and follow the instructions. The deadline for nominations is Friday 21 December 2007.
Award categories for 2008 are as follows:
- Heating & Ventilating Craft Operative of the Year
- Plumbing Craft Operative of the Year
- Refrigeration & Air-conditioning Craft Operative of the Year
- Electrotechnical Craft Operative of the Year
- Technician Engineer of the Year
Experienced Existing Worker Awards
- Experienced Existing Worker of the Year (Mechanical)
- Experienced Existing Worker of the Year (Electrical)
Supervisory and Management Awards organised by HVCA
- Happold Bursary
- Alfred Manly Management
- Professional Engineer of the Year – Ann Noblett Memorial Scholarship
For those entering the Supervisory and Managerial Awards, please contact the Heating & Ventilating Contractors’ Association (HVCA) on 0207 313 4929 for the appropriate form.
For more information on the event, categories and nomination process, visit www.summitskills.org.uk/awards or contact Kim Smith at SummitSkills on 01908 303974.