KNX CPD gains acceptance
KNX UK’s application for entry into the CIBSE Directory of CPD Course Providers has now been accepted and the full range of KNX CPD courses will now be listed in the CIBSE Directory for the next two years.
The KNX UK Association represents manufacturers, systems integrators, distributors and training providers for KNX intelligent building technology. Iain Gordon, President of KNX UK comments: “The acceptance of our KNX CPD courses by CIBSE is a major breakthrough for us, clearly highlighting KNX as a vital building services discipline. The opportunity for engineers to further their knowledge of KNX as part of their Continuous Professional Development will give the technologies and protocol behind KNX a wider professional audience. It will help KNX to achieve wider and quicker acceptance by our most critical target audience – building services professionals.”
The KNX UK course categories in the August 2009 CIBSE CPD Directory are:
- A sustainable Approach to Future Proofing
- Advanced Building Controls
- Advanced Building Controls and Building Management Systems
- Building Controls
- Building Controls Integration
- Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS)
- Building Management System
- Control Systems and Integration
- Energy Efficient Controls
- Energy Management and Controls
- Integration of Building Services
- Intelligent Building Controls
- Intelligent Buildings
- Lighting & Lighting Management
- Lighting Controls
- Lighting Controls & Management
- Lighting Controls & Management Systems
- Energy Efficiency
All speakers from KNX UK are highly experienced in their specialised fields with relevant professional qualifications. Their target audiences for the courses, which last two hours, include consultants, contractors, developers, architects and other interested parties who would like to understand more about the KNX bus technology. The CPD can be delivered across all competence levels and is mobile so that it can be delivered free of charge at the offices of the interested parties.
KNX UK will issue attendance certificates to course delegates with the endorsement that attendance can contribute towards their CIBSE CPD requirement.