The world’s leading cable cleat manufacturer, Ellis has shown that innovation doesn’t have to be restricted to new product development; having enhanced a product that has been one of its best-sellers for over 20-years.
Ellis’ technical team have taken the company’s cable hangers, which are used primarily in the rail industry and made them stronger and, remarkably, cheaper.
This was achieved by looking at every aspect of the product for ways to improve it. The first key development is that there are two different versions of the new Ellis cable hanger – a standard Mk2 cable hanger, and a convex hanger; the latter designed specifically for use in tunnels, where the mounting surface is often curved.
Benefits of the new Mk2 cable hangers include:
- Rounded corners that reduce snagging points
- Spin galvanized (55µm or 150µm thickness) to protect against erosion
- Only 6mm thick, leading to reduced product and shipping costs
- Wide range of sizes available
- Suitable for cables up to 100mm diameter
- Custom designs available
- Rolled designs for tunnels available
Meanwhile, the convex cable hanger also benefits from:
- The removal of all sharp edges presented to the cable by traditional hangers
- Through innovative design, it’s the same strength as Mk2, but only 5mm thick – further reducing product and shipping costs