Grundfos has the answer
Having undergone a £36m refurbishment, St Martin-in-the-Fields church, one of the best known London landmarks has seen many changes since it was first recorded as the site of a church back in 1222. The architect of the present day church was James Gibb and it was completed in 1726. Since then its design has been copied and replicated worldwide. The role the church plays is very much one that is at the heart of the wider society it represents and the recent upgrades will make it even more accessible and fit for purpose.
Many companies have worked in tandem to provide the final solution to the scheme, this includes Grundfos Pumps who worked in conjunction with Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical Ltd who provided a heat exchange system, via 2 boreholes, that form an open loop geothermal system.
With a Grundfos borehole SP 60 pump and control panel interfacing with the building management system to help modulate the heating and cooling, this solution introduces a modern, energy efficient twist to this famous church as well known for its crypt, concerts and restaurant and its work with the homeless as it is for it’s wide ranging and ecumenical church services.