Get set for the Pump Industry Awards
This year’s call for nominations for the Pump Industry Awards received a record response, with over 50 nominations reflecting the breadth of pump and system engineering and innovation across the globe. The quality of nominations was also extremely high, making the choice of finalists in each category a tough one for the team of independent judges.
Following a full-day of discussion, deliberation and some healthy debate, 23 finalists were selected, and listed below are those companies and individuals who have made it through to the next stage.
A detailed account of each entry can be found on the dedicated website www.pumpindustryawards.com.
The 2007 finalists are as follows:
Technical Innovation of the Year – sponsored by Sterling Fluid Systems
- Little Giant – AD (Air Operated Double Diaphragm Pump) by Albin Pump AB
- The Crostek Intellimax Pumpjack by Crostek Management Corporation
- ITT Flygt 2600 Dewatering Pumps designed for durability by ITT Flygt
- SR060 Vehicle Refuelling Pump with intelligent control by ITT Jabsco
- SPP Lowest Life-Cycle Cost Series of Vertical Suspended Bowl Pumps by SPP Pumps
Environmental/Energy Saving Award – sponsored by SPP Pumps
- Aquaprof Residential Rainwater Harvesting System by DAB Pumps
- The Grundfos Pumps approach to the environment by Grundfos Pumps
- Hya-Rain by KSB
- Innovative Energy-Saving System Boa-Systronic for heating circuits by KSB
- Energy-saving pump installations at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth by Wilo
Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored by World Pumps
- Albin Pump AB
- Grundfos Pumps
- SPP Pumps
- Sterling Fluid Systems
Distributor of the Year – Sponsored by ITT Jabsco
- AMS Pumps
- Axflow Group
- Pumps UK
Supplier of the Year – sponsored by SPX Process Equipment
- Greene, Tweed & Co
- John Crane
Young Pump Engineer of the Year – sponsored By John Crane
- Juha Viholainen of ABB
- Gaëtan Spude of Milton Roy Europe
- John Hollins of SPP Pumps
Judges Special Award – sponsored by Process & Control magazine
The winner is chosen by the Pump Industry Awards judging panel for a truly outstanding entry/individual/company. The winner of this category will be announced on the night of the Awards Ceremony.
The Pump Industry Awards take place on Tuesday 16 October and you don’t have to be a finalist to take part. Apart from honouring the cream of the pump and systems industries, the Pump Industry Awards has emerged as a hugely enjoyable social and networking event in its own right. Contact Tanya Frankel on 01622 699121 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you, or your company, can be part of the event.
For further information or to book a table visit www.pumpindustryawards.com.