CIBSE Approved CPDs from Barkell
Barkell, the air handling unit specialists, offer two free-of-charge CIBSE Approved CPD training sessions, covering key areas of commercial and public building design and compliance.
CPD: HTM 03-01 (2021)
Following the recent release of the revised Health Technical Memorandum 03-01 Part A and B guidelines (HTM 03-01 (2021)), which offer guidance on the design, installation and operation of ventilation systems in healthcare facilities, we are offering a one hour CPD summarising the revisions and offering information for mechanical AHU design, whilst considering the implications, shortcomings and potential value engineering solutions. Aimed at consultants and facility management teams involved the HVAC supply chain, topics covered include:
- Introduction to HTM’s and the tenets of healthcare ventilation
- Analysis of the HTM 03-01 requirements for AHU’s
- Review of the revisions from the previous standards
- Consideration of value engineering options
The objectives of the HTM 03-01 CPD course are:
- To understand the tenets of healthcare ventilation system design
- To understand the HTM 03-01 requirements for the design of air handling units
- To recognise the changes to previous editions of the HTM 03-01
CPD: BS EN 1886:2007
BS EN 1886:2007 specifies test methods, test requirements and classifications for air handling units. This CPD will assist attendees understand the difference between model box and real unit testing and cover the testing and classification criteria of BS EN 1886:2007, before going into greater detail on mechanical strength, casing and filter bypass leakage, thermal performance, acoustic performance and fire & safety recommendations.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to BS EN 1886:2007
- Mechanical Strength
- Casing and Filter Bypass Leakage
- Thermal Performance
- Acoustic Performance
- Fire and Safety Recommendations
This course is aimed at consultants and facility management teams, involved the specification, testing and/ or maintenance of air handling units in public buildings and commercial spaces.
- To understand the scope of BS EN 1886:2007
- To understand the difference between Model Box and Real Unit testing
- To understand the testing and classification criteria of BS EN 1886:2007
- To understand the fire and safety requirements of BS EN 1886:2007
Barkell CPDs are delivered by Bruno Guedes, Technical Solution Manager. Bruno holds a Bachelor’s degree in Renewable Energy Engineering with a professional background in renewable energy engineering and the HVAC manufacturing industry, particularly with bespoke air handling and heat recovery products. Bruno has worked with Barkell for over 6 years, overseeing various roles encompassing project management, product research, product / system design, technical support and training.
Barkell CPDs are free of charge, delivered as an interactive webinar and are available at a time to suit you and your team. To book visit www.barkell.co.uk/book-a-cpd/