Building Services Engineer – FM Consultancy
Magenta International are specialist recruiters in the Building Services sector and are currently looking for;
Vacancy: Building Services Engineer – FM Consultancy
Reference: BSFM / DH2
This established and highly successful Consultants practice based in Surrey is currently looking to recruit a Building Services Engineer to join its FM team. Preferred candidates will have a background within electrical or mechanical design and specification but looking to move in to an operational engineering role covering the facilities management of residential and commercial buildings in London and the South East regions. The role will include working in London 1 to 3 days per week and include small project works design and management in addition to overseeing maintenance contracts.
You will carry out a range of consultancy responsibilities including installation trouble shooting, condition surveying, design / specification of new M&E services as well as project management duties.
- Design & Specification – of small project works, providing overall project management up to handover.
- Maintenance Contract Tendering – Tendering for new mechanical and electrical maintenance contracts
- Auditing – attend site to inspect plant rooms, maintenance log books and report findings to client and contractor.
- Various other responsibilities include; liaising with specialists, budgeting advice, ad hoc site meetings and visits, troubleshooting, obtaining alternative quotations, surveying, attending contract meetings and providing advice to the client on all mechanical, electrical and associated statutory compliance matters.
- Ensure that the assets, building fabric, services and estate are safely and efficiently maintained in line with the relevant contract and statutory requirements.
- Support the client and contractor by promoting good working practices and in achieving quality, health and safety compliance, statutory compliance and all round good maintenance service.
- To provide support to other members of the engineering team as necessary to ensure successful delivery of projects and instructed responsibilities.
- General office administration including raising fee proposals, keeping project files up to date.
- Report to the Head of FM Associate Engineer and other directors on a weekly basis
- Develop existing client relationships through good service
- To identify and pursue potential business development opportunities
- Help to establish, maintain and improve relationships with existing clients/customers to support current and new business and develop the company profile and reputation in the industry
- To provide support to other members of the management team as necessary to ensure successful provision and ongoing development of the FM & Specialist projects department.
- Minimum HNC/HND Electrical / Mechanical Services Engineering
- Previous experience in this kind of role is not essential
- Ideally have a background in electrical design
- Ideally have experience in the provision or management of hard FM maintenance contracts would be an advantage.
The post holder will need to be flexible in his/her approach with a pragmatic outlook.
- The role requires good interpersonal skills, with a capacity to work in a team environment
- The post holder must be willing to learn new skills and systems of working
- Ability to guide and control a large specialist supply chain of sub-contract partner deliverers
- Ability to work to deadlines and balance priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Good technical problem solving skills.
- Good client facing presence.
If you would like to apply for this role then please forward your CV to me or for further information contact David Housden on 01233 223712 or via email email@example.com
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.