Do you know of a worthy cause looking for some help? Maybe it’s your local village hall which needs a new water heater or the scout hut which is in need of a new boiler. If you know of any organisation that fits this category then write to us today because BSEE has teamed up with Baxi Commercial Division to offer one lucky reader the chance to help out their local community in the Baxi Community Challenge.
Baxi Commercial Division offers one of the broadest ranges of commercial condensing boilers and commercial condensing direct fired water heaters available in the UK. Over the years they have been approached by a number of severely cash strapped worthy causes asking for a donation of a product for installation in a building or refurbishment project being undertaken for the benefit of the community concerned which is why we have joined forces to make a difference in 2011.
Baxi Community Challenge
The Baxi Community Challenge is easy to enter, simply send in details of the cause which you think would benefit from the help of Baxi Commercial Division by the end of March and wait for us to contact you. In the April and May issues of BSEE we will feature some of the applicants before announcing the winner in the July issue.
All of the submissions will be considered by a panel of industry judges, which will include the editor of BSEE. Entries are not restricted to registered charities, or necessarily the most disadvantaged in society. We would be happy to hear about any small community projects where new heating and/or hot water supplies would make a real difference to the people using the building. For example, renovation projects for scout huts, club halls, WI, a village museum etc.
The finished project will be featured in a later issue of BSEE.
How to enter
Your entry should include the following details:
1. The name of the cause represented, the address, web address (if applicable) and description of the location.
2. Details of the aims and work carried out by the cause and on whose behalf (in no more than 200 words).
3. Indicate for how long the cause has been established.
4. State how long the cause has had use of the existing building and its facilities.
5. Describe the existing heating and hot water services and their performance.
6. State the reason why the new building or refurbishment work is considered essential.
7. Suggest the type of new heating/hot water equipment that may be required.
8. Explain the difference it will make to the lives of the beneficiaries (in no more than 200 words).
9. Your name and address and full contact details including email.
Please send your entry (one per reader only) to:
Tracey Rushton-Thorpe, Editor
BSEE, Datateam Business Media Ltd, 15A London Road, Maidstone, Kent ME16 8LY
Alternatively you can email your entry to: email@example.com
All entries must be received no later than 31 March 2011. By entering you agree to your project being featured in BSEE if it is shortlisted or if it is the eventual winner.
So what are you waiting for, why not make 2011 the year that you help to make a difference for a worthy cause.