Church Lighting, a division of HSE Lighting is responsible for the re-design and installation of a new energy efficient lighting scheme at All Saints Church, Hanworth, Middlesex. The company were instructed by the PCC (Parochial Church Council) to undertake a complete re-wire of the Nave, Chancel, Narthex and Parish Rooms to update the initial installation which dated back to the 1950’s.
Chosen for their vast expertise in lighting design and following an extensive tendering process, a faculty was granted by the Diocese of London for Church Lighting to upgrade the existing wiring, whilst creating a new lighting system for the Narthex to replace the original fluorescent batten lighting. A new lighting system was also created for the Chancel Apse and Parish Rooms with re-wiring of the original Corona in the Nave. Working alongside energy saving consultants Wattsave, a lighting solution was created using key suppliers such as Reggiani to provide discreet, glare free luminaires that provide excellent lumen levels whist paying respect to the fabric of the building. The extensive Parish Rooms were lit using a combination of energy saving and emergency luminaires manufactured by ASD Lighting.
Wattsave recommended a wide variety of Philips lamps, which included TL5 high efficacy tubes, Masterline Halogen and Master TL5 Circular to achieve the desired lighting levels, whilst also having the effect of increasing the Church’s environmental credentials. The project also specified over 3KM of new specialist cables which were manufactured by Prysmian.